FRESH NEW AiR WITH OUR ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM!
Our Artist in Residence program (AiR) is designed to provide a therapeutic experience with the arts for our kids with talented artists and craftsmen.
If you’re passionate about your craft and want to share that passion with kids who are struggling with their mental health – then we’ve got the opportunity for you!
- Our Artist in Residence program is designed to inspire and engage the youth of NWP
- We value your role as an artist as one that can provide a source of healing for our kids
- Volunteer with us in a way that works for you!
- Single Day – Join us for an afternoon with the kids or an “Artist Workshop” with the public to help us promote our mission
- Three Day – Spend three days immersed in your art with our kids you’ll have the full support of staff and if there is a “final product” we’ll have a public reception show casing the kids’ work and your talents
- Full Month AiR – Enjoy the sounds and space that only nature can afford you at the rustic Schaefer Cabin along the scenic Namekogen River, focused on infusing art into the everyday lives of our kids, and celebrate at a public reception showcasing your month’s efforts
We hope you’ll consider joining us in our mission to provide hope and healing for the children we serve at Northwest Passage.
Artist in Residence in Action:
Compensation for participation in our AiR programs may be available depending on current funding opportunities. Please let us know if you are interested in pursuing funding for your time spent with our kids or if you wish to volunteer your time. We will always provide you with an in-kind donation letter honoring your donation of services upon request. Please speak with your accountant regarding tax deductible items relating to volunteering, such as travel expenses and mileage.