Northwest Passage’s Alumni Award Fund, formerly known as the Passage Foundation, was founded in 2002 as a means to provide assistance to successful alumni of Northwest Passage. The Alumni Award Fund specifically supports those identified as having overcome adversity while demonstrating perseverance in the face of personal challenges and obstacles. The Alumni Award Fund is funded with community support, primarily through the Passage Golf Scramble held annually on the second Friday in August.
The Goals of the Alumni Award Fund are:
- To recognize and reward individual merit and efforts by past residents of Northwest Passage’s Riverside and Prairieview programs.
- To provide support or assistance to those identified as having overcome adversity while demonstrating perseverance in the face of personal challenges and obstacles.
- To acknowledge those who risk change despite their fear of repeating past failure.
- To help those who lack resources but have a desire to continue on a constructive path.
The Alumni Award Fund will grant awards based on the following criteria:
- The applicant is a former resident of Northwest Passage’s Riverside or Prairieview program.
- The applicant has been discharged for at least six months.
- The applicant is engaging in healthy and pro-social behaviors (i.e. no criminal offenses, is attending school regularly, no substance use, etc.).
The Application Process:
- Eligible alumni may apply at their own initiative or be nominated by a teacher, therapist, social services team member or other non-related adult community member.
- Applications and nominations must be submitted in writing to the Alumni Award Fund committee.
- Awards will be based upon merit, need, and the availability of funds at the time of application. Merit will be judged by the Alumni Award committee based upon candidates demonstrating self-improvement through constructive deeds and actions in overcoming adversity. A genuine and constructive effort toward self-improvement shall be the primary factor in determining merit.
- Awards of support may be awarded for any needs deemed credible by the Alumni Award Fund committee, including but not limited to tuition costs, independent living support, and experiential opportunities.
Please contact Julie Hall at JulieH@nwpltd.org for more information.
Northwest Passage Alumni wishing to apply for an award, please use the
If you wish to nominate a Northwest Passage Alumni for an award, please use the
WATCH OUR KIDS IN ACTION