Northwest Passage’s PassageWay Fund exists to provide support for successful graduates of Northwest Passage’s residential mental health treatment programs, specifically supporting those identified as having overcome adversity while demonstrating perseverance in the face of personal challenges and obstacles. The PassageWay Fund is funded with community support, primarily through the Passage Golf Scramble held annually on the second Friday in August.
The Goals of the PassageWay Fund are:
- To recognize and reward individual merit and efforts made by successful graduates of Northwest Passage’s Riverside and Prairieview programs.
- To provide support or assistance to those identified as having overcome adversity while demonstrating perseverance in the face of personal challenges and obstacles.
- To acknowledge those who risk change despite their fear of repeating past failures.
- To help those who lack resources but have a desire to continue on a constructive path.
The PassageWay Fund will grant awards based on the following criteria:
- The applicant is a successful graduate of Northwest Passage’s Riverside or Prairieview program.
- The applicant has a mentor in place to support their success.
- The applicant is engaging in healthy and pro-social behaviors (i.e. no criminal offenses, attending school regularly, no substance use, etc.).
The Application Process:
- Applications must be submitted in writing to the PassageWay Fund committee.
- Awards will be based on merit, need, and the availability of funds at the time of application.
- Merit will be judged by the PassageWay Fund committee based upon candidates demonstrating self-improvement through constructive deeds and actions in overcoming adversity. A genuine and constructive effort toward self-improvement shall be the primary factor in determining merit.
- Awards of support may be awarded for any needs deemed credible by the PassageWay Fund committee, with preference being shown for continuing education and opportunities for community involvement. Items that aid in these endeavors may also be awarded if there is a detailed action plan in place.
Please contact your Northwest Passage Case Manager for more information.
Did you receive a camera from the PassageWay Fund? Upload your photos here!